Facilities Maintenance Team Member
Diamond Mountain is seeking an experienced maintenance person to join our Facilities Maintenance team in managing our group facilities, staff residences, yurts, and 27 retreat houses.
Our 27 retreat houses and group facilities are purpose-built to support individuals in their efforts of realization during a retreat and are built with eco-conscious materials and techniques and use solar power for electrical services. They are each unique and special and have served meditators for years and always require special care and attention. By supporting these facilities you are allowing people from all over the world to progress in their spiritual practice.
Responsibilities for this role include:
- To be an active member of the amazing facilities team
- To carry out maintenance tasks as designated by the Facilities Maintenance Team and the Facilities Operations Manager to insure that all facilities are safe and in good working order for our guests
This position reports to the Facilities Operations Manager
- Skilled in minor plumbing, electrical, gas, mechanical, carpentry and landscaping tasks in support of our major facilities
- Working knowledge of solar voltaic systems/or willingness to learn
- Working knowledge of vehicles and light equipment
- Self-starter with strong time management
- Strong problem-solving skills; resourceful in contributing solutions to getting work completed professionally, safely and timely
- A team player, good communication skills.
- Detail oriented with a keen focus on customer service as the number one priority
- Valid driver’s license and mobile phone
- USA resident or legal equivalent to work in this country.
- Willingness to learn skills not yet developed.
SHARED ACCOUNTABILITY AMONG ALL STAFF ROLES
- Help Diamond Mountain carry out its mission and vision
- Help fellow staff members and volunteers to succeed
- Understand, communicate and help enforce Diamond Mountain policies and guidelines, including, health, safety and behavioral via the Diamond Mountain policy process
- Protect life and safety in all facilities
- Be available to check-in and check out guests.
- Professional manner and kindness in all relationships with staff, guests and vendors as a member of the Diamond Mountain team
This is a full-time, 30-hour per week position while long-term events are not being held. This number will increase during our peak season events.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Compensation includes a monthly salary, fully furnished housing, attendance to Diamond Mountain ongoing classes and events, 10 weeks paid time off. Use of Diamond Mountain facilities for personal retreats is encouraged.
Please send a cover letter and resume that include references to
Posted Jan 2019