Event and Volunteer Coordinator
Diamond Mountain is seeking an experienced Event and Volunteer Coordinator to take our events to the next level.
The Event and Volunteer Coordinator works with the Executive Management team to
- Produce all meditation and group retreat events
- Network with internal and external Event Producers
- Serve as a point of communication for all hosted events, inquiries and solo retreats
- Collaborate with Program Manager to market programs and events
- Build a robust volunteer program in the tradition of Joyful Service
- Point of communication for volunteers
- Organize daily and weekly schedules along with housing, food, and transportation for volunteers
This position reports to the Executive Director.
- Self-starter with strong time management and project management skills to coordinate multiple high-priority and long-term tasks simultaneously
- Experience in online marketing for group events
- Experience as an Event Producer
- Strong business skills including excellent telephone, writing and communication skills, networking and brand development
- Strong digital media skills (e.g., social media, WordPress, Google tools)
- Valid driver’s license and mobile phone
- USA resident or legal equivalent to work in this country
SHARED ACCOUNTABILITY AMONG ALL STAFF ROLES
- Help Diamond Mountain carry out its mission and vision
- Check-in and check-out guests
- Help fellow staff members and volunteers to succeed
- Attend staff meetings and take responsibility, along with fellow staff members, for the organizational culture, day-to-day management, and overall success of Diamond Mountain
- Understand, communicate and help enforce Diamond Mountain policies and guidelines, including, health, safety and behavioral via the Diamond Mountain policy process
- Professional manner and kindness in all relationships with staff, guests and vendors as a member of the Diamond Mountain team
This is a full-time, 30-hour per week position while long-term events are not being held. This number will increase during our peak season events.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Compensation includes a monthly salary, fully furnished housing, attendance to Diamond Mountain ongoing classes, 10 weeks paid time off. During your time off you can do retreat in Diamond Mountain for free.
Please send a cover letter and resume that includes references to
Posted Jan 2019