DMRC’s Lam Rim Serve & Study Program
Immerse yourself in a spiritual lifestyle and Retreat Center life by participating in our Serve and Study Program. Allow the practice of selfless service to open your heart. Meet life-long friends. Learn to transform service into a spiritual practice.
To qualify for the program, you will be asked to volunteer a minimum of 6 hours a day, 5 days a week. Your weekends are free, giving you plenty of time to practice and enjoy the beautiful land. You will be asked to serve on maintenance, grounds-keeping, cleaning and preparing cottages for guests. Additionally, during the Lam Rim Retreat there will be light volunteering (1-2 hours/day) that won’t conflict with the Lam Rim teaching schedule, i.e. you won’t miss any teachings. We also ask that all volunteers stay at least 2 days after the program ends to help with important post-retreat clean-up.
Start Dates & Service Program Costs
Thursday, March 15, 2018 (4-week volunteer program): FREE
Thursday, March 22, 2018 (3-week volunteer program): FREE
Thursday, March 29, 2018 (2-week volunteer program): $250
- Join our 2, 3 or 4 week Lam Rim Serve & Study program and Lam Rim Retreat registration is included.
- Join our 1 week Lam Rim Serve & Study program to revel in the good cheer, atmosphere, and benevolence of service to others. Lam Rim Retreat registration is not included with the 1 week volunteer program.
The number of participants we can accept is limited, so please apply early! Deadline for volunteer submissions is March 8th, 2018.
- 6:00am – Wake up
- 7:00-9:00am – Personal practice time (meditation and yoga)
- 9:00-10:00am – Breakfast and prepare for daily service
- 10:00/11:00am – 5:00pm – Daily service (Bring your own Lunch)
- 5:30-6:30pm – Dinner
- 7:00-10:00pm – Personal time for Study, relaxation, etc.
- 10:00pm – Lights out
Driving? See directions here.
Want to take a Bus? Greyhound bus can take you to Willcox, AZ from a variety of cities including Tucson, AZ and Phoenix, AZ. We can pick you up from Willcox any day between 11am and 5pm.
Flying? We provide complementary pick-up from Tucson Airport between 10am & 3pm on the following dates:
- Wednesday, March 14, 2018 (4 week program)
- Wednesday, March 21, 2018 (3 week program)
- Wednesday,March 28, 2018 (2 week program)
- Wednesday, April 4, 2018 (1 week program)
If your flight arrives to Tucson Airport later than 3pm, please plan to fly into Tucson on Tuesday night, so that you are ready for pick-up between 10am and 3pm on Wednesday. DMRC guests and volunteers enjoy spending the night at La Quinta Tucson (5 minutes from the airport). Please confirm with our Volunteer Coordinator BEFORE you book your flight:
Please plan your departure from Diamond Mountain no earlier than Monday, April 24, 2018.
What to Bring
If you are accepted, we will provide you with:
- simple, shared accommodation with bunk beds
- use of a community kitchen
- comfortable bed and linens
- transportation between Tucson Airport and DMRC
- an opportunity to serve the dharma and your fellow retreaters while learning how to use service as a spiritual path!
For a listed of suggested items to bring, please CLICK HERE.
Other questions? Our would be delighted to hear from you.
Positions are limited, so apply soon!
Can’t come to DMRC to help in person? Consider sponsoring a volunteer!